Last updated: 11. 12. 2020
1.Information about website
1.2When you use the website, by browsing the website, registering to have an account, signing in, commenting and otherwise interact with the website you do so under the policies we outline on this page. The website acts as an data controller for your the personal data.
2What information do we collect?
2.1User-provided data. The website process the personal information you provide to us when you create an account. These include:
- Email address is used for autentication and sending notifications.
- User name is used for identification of added quotes, comments and other yours actions. User name do not need to be real name.
- Profile photo is used as avatar supplementary to user name. Profile photo do not need to be real photo of you.
2.2Facebook data. If you use social network Facebook to sign in, you will also allow the website to access your public profile and email address. Part of your public profile on Facebook is your name, surname, username, profile picture, and other public information according to your settings.
2.3Network data. Such as IP, helps us diagnose problems with our servers, administer our sites and also helps us to make sure our comment section is hate free.
2.4Data obtained through cookies. To better target advertisement, measure audience and improve our product and service offerings.
3How the information is used?
3.1When the purpose is to deliver the service.
- Use email address to verify your identity during registration and authentication.
- Create public profile of registrated users. Public profile contains your user name, profile photo and your activity on the website (favourite and added quotes, comments, etc.).
- Contact you and maintain records in order to provide customer service and support.
- Ensure there is no fraud with voting, polls and competitions we host, when we strive to detect and defend against fraudulent, abusive and unlawful activity on the site.
3.2When the purpose is to measure and analyze traffic.
- Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., to collect information about how you use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information, including the number of visitors to the website, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. You can read more about these cookies and how Google safeguard them here.
- Hotjar, is an analytics & feedback service used for measurement of engagement, get your feedback and record your behaviour. You can log out from Hotjar measurement.
3.3Additionally, we ask your consent to process the data we need when the purpose is better advertising experience. We would like the ads on our sites to be relevant and tailored to your interests. You can control ads preferences here. By default, we use these methods:
- Cookies and similar technologies help us know what interests you might have.
- Location services help to only show you relevant ads, matching your location or language.
- Our partners and certified ads providers may use the data they have about you, collected according to their own policies to show you what they believe would be relevant.
4How the information may be shared?
4.1We strive to ensure, using technological and contractual mechanisms, that your data is protected and only used according to this policy. We need to share certain data with our trusted partners:
- Google LLC - Web analytics and advertising tools (USA)
- Vultr Holdings Corporation - Hosting provider (USA)
- Hotjar Limited - Web Application Analysis Tools (Malta)
- Facebook, Inc. - Online marketing tools (USA)
5.How we protect privacy of children?
5.1Our services are aimed at a general audience. We do not knowingly target, collect, use or share information that could reasonably be used to identify children under the age of 16 without prior parental consent or consistent with applicable law. By using our service you confirm that you either are of legal age or have an applicable consent.
6.How can you exercise your rights under GDPR?
6.1.If you are an individual browsing from the EU/EEA, where the General Data Protection Regulations apply, you can exercise rights related to your data by contacting us via contact details at the bottom of the page:
- You can request access to a free copy of your data.
- You can ask us to delete your personal data, and we will do so where we legally can.
- You have a right to rectify your data.
- If you wish to object to us processing your data according to Legitimate interest.
- You also are free to revoke your consent by updating your settings.
- You have a right to complain about us with our supervisory authority here.
7.How long do we keep the data?
7.1We store your data for no longer than necessary in relation to the purpose under which such data was collected. This is determined on a case by case basis and depends on things such as the nature of the data provided, why it was collected, the legal basis we rely upon to process the data, and our relevant legal or operation retention requirements. For example, if you request to delete your account we still have to retain some data for fraud prevention purposes and financial auditing.
8.Using of cookies
8.1.When you use our websites and apps we may collect information using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are small files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you. This allows websites to tailor what you see on the screen. For protecting your privacy, we do not set any cookies before your acceptance. We distinguish between three categories of cookies:
- Store and/or access information on a device. Cookies, device identifiers, or other information can be stored or accessed on your device for the purposes presented to you.
- Non-personalized ads shown to you based on the content you’re viewing, the app you’re using, your approximate location, or your device type.
- Analytics allow us to understand how all users combined use our site, make business decisions based on it and do what we need to do on our side to make the site viable.
- Personalised ads profile can be built about you and your interests and use to show you personalised ads that are relevant to you.
- Personalised content profile can be built about you and your interests and use to show you personalised content that is relevant to you.
- Measure ad performance and effectiveness of ads that you see or interact with can be measured.
- Measure content performance and effectiveness of content that you see or interact with can be measured.
- Apply market research to generate audience insights - market research can be used to learn more about the audiences who visit sites/apps and view ads.
- Your precise geolocation data can be used in support of one or more purposes. This means your location can be accurate to within several meters.
- Your device can be identified based on a scan of your device's unique combination of characteristics.
8.2. You change cookies settings options within our cookies dialog. Optionally you can update cookie settings options with 3rd party tools:
|Google Analytics||Analytical cookies used to ensure the functionality of the web analytics tool.||Log out|
|Google Optimize||Analytical cookies used for A/B testing the website and improving it based on the results obtained with Google Optimize.||Log out|
|Hotjar||Analytical cookies help us improve our products and services.||Log out|
|Google Adsense||Cookies used to improve ad targeting and serving personalized ads.||Log out|
|Certified ads providers||Used cookies to improve targeting and serving personalized ads.||Log out|
8.3. You can manage your cookie settings globally by following methods. Please contact us if you need assistance with anything. We want you to be aware that by changing certain preferences you might cause the page to not work correctly.
- Changing your browser settings
- Changing settings on your mobile device
8.4.If you use an Ad-blocker on our site, we cannot fully execute our services and therefore ensure your rights under this policy.